Tuesday, January 10, 2006

93. Write and Mail off a complaint letter done!



Honestly this wasn't all that difficult to do today. It seems to me that since the holiday season is over customers are now getting the short end of the stick. I have had one of the most horrid days in returning and dealing with stores and employees who simply just dont care and dont want to help. First of all, since when do you need a receipt to return things to Toys R Us. Im not talking about a toy that is no longer in fashion, a toy obviously more then a few months old, a toy in bad condition even.... and it wasn't even an unopened box but it was simply a Bratz doll (one I had decided I overpurchased for my daughter...what 7 year old needs 4 bratz dolls for Chrsitmas!)....No according to the sales representative that was absolutely Not of any help or did she even seem to care....YOU can no longer return items to Toys R Us without proof of purchase of some kind. They are not alone in this new approach of Customer Handling.....gone are the days of customer service being the top priority of stores ---Oh I long for the days where customers were always RIGHT!...Target is now holding onto firm their 90 day strict policy of returns to. If you have an item and a receipt and past 90 days since you purchased it....your out of luck. Of course you can empty your wallet while there and they can scan each card to see if you have purchased the item .....which leads me to say this.........Who Gave Target permission to record all of your purchases and cards you use. This means they have my credit cards on a database sitting with all the purchases I have made within the past 90 days.... am I not alone in being a little concerned about this......and that leads me to my final experience of the day...Lowe's.....and the letter I wrote. ....

Dear Lowe’s Customer Service Management:


Today upon a shopping trip to your establishment the customer service I received was not that which I would have expected from Lowe’s.

After looking around and shopping for a birthday gift for my father, I was standing in line and had a rather upsetting experience. The customer service representative that was helping me found that one item I was purchasing….a 12 inch tool bag did not have the proper tag on it to be able to scan. She looks at me and informs me that she indeed needs the tag to charge me. Not something surprising, but at the same time she is looking at me with a look of sorry I can’t help you. So I ask her ok, so well the item is about 12 steps in that direction it can’t take much to fix this. She informs me she will have to suspend the ticket and I will have to go and write down the information and stand in line again and then I can pay for the item. OK, first of all, 12 steps is that really asking too much of an employee to walk over and get the item herself? Granted there were a couple of people who had just gotten into line behind me but still---12 steps! I proceeded to say NO, why don’t I walk over there for you and yell over the code since you are incapable of doing so. She ended up following me over after and getting the code after having to ask another person for it. It was clearly labeled on the shelf and the exact code I had yelled over to her.

Now I ask you, is this the type of employee that Lowe’s is now employing??



And so I cross off item 93 from my list and sadly say It will take a lot for me to step inside of a Toys R Us again!





1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back in the Day, Drew (Demoliton), Beau (Urban Renewal/Anointed One’s Husband) and I used to scour the Puget Sound for sales on action figures so that we could take them to Toys R Us. And this was without a receipt or them even asking for your name and phone number. Of course the Geoffrey dollars just went into more action figures that ended up in boxes in the Bonus Room.

I still have one Geoffrey Dollar from back then, I should get it framed or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home