Friday, September 01, 2006

Debt free.....or kinda sorta :)

Its over and done with. I've paid off my credit cards and consolidated almost everything into one lovely lump junk of a house payment. I have to say though without having David, my awesome loan broker, I would not have had it as easy. There were so many stupid details to doing this, that he handled most of all of them for me I really appreicate all that he did. At first from something I had done last year apparently the lab company decided to bill me but to a city I don't or haven't ever lived in. Since I never recieved the bill, it was sent to collections. Thats never fun to find out, especially when you find out that a stupid unpaid bill of 54.00 can cause havoc to you credit score. Dropping it from 720 on my high score, which didn't have the collection on it down to 617 on my lower score. David worked hard to get that off my credit report, he chased them down, argued on my behalf, got them to admit their supidity, and even saved me a half point with the loan agency in the end saving me 1700.00 dollars in closing costs. He didn't earn anymore then my appreciation and loyalty....it is nice to know that there are still people out there that do serve their customers well, and go above and beyond. Then the next hurdle was the fact I did put together a living trust after the divorce. Refinancing means you have to pop the home in and out of the trust during the time you are refinancing. More paperwork, so much paperwork! Anyway, the long and the short of it is this...Im debt free with the exception of the house payment and the convertible. We got a better interest rate not including the car into the refinance, which was fine with me....and so with my head still shaking at what homes are now worth out here in California, I have indeed paid off those 3 credit cards and can cross off #54 from my list. Credit cards paid in full Im feeling kinda happy :)

Additionally I can cross off #51 from the list as well, considering I have done well over saving myself $50 a week from my budge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home