Monday, April 30, 2007

A couple more to cross off





I had an absolutely fun filled weekend this past weekend and with all we did I also get to cross off a couple more things from my list. Dennis and I headed out to the Ariozona wilderness and I got a fun opportunity to do some things I haven't in a very long time. We headed out first into the desert but ended up in the Pines. We have both been looking at this concept of Geocaching for some time. Dennis took his kids out last weekend in an attempt to find one of the local areas. They didn't have any luck. This weekend we headed out. Fully equiped to camp out and hike we were ready. Dennis has done tons of this, for me its been a long time. I did hit REI and picked up a weekend pack (top rated by Backpackers Magazine) and new hiking boots (comfy ones) and a box to make smores (the essentials you know!). The quads were packed and we headed out.

The results..... hiking is way more then I thought it would be. Of course he hit an area I probably shouldn't have tried for the first time out, since it was more of an intermediate/advanced type of hike in the terrain we were on. It was still fun, and while I had the fun of getting a down pour of rain even (ha ha) it was very pretty up on top.

So with a successful Geo find, we got ourselves deeper into the forest and spent the night under the stars (luckily it did stop raining). I had my smores and I can now cross off two more from the list. A camping trip and a hiking trip all in one :)




Oh yes and in the end I even had a lesson in patience while I chose to wait for the local "wild" life to cross the road :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home