Wednesday, February 08, 2006

72. Travel to Idaho

Well after hours and hours of driving here I am ....wore out, exhausted BUT I did it. At times I questioned my sanity this trip. Lots of fun, stress and a LOT of driving...assuming that noise I hear isn't something serious in the car the trip further up north should go smoother. But for now....from Boise....I did it :) and how could it be better...arrival met with dear friends and a Margarita! :) (Now note I still have to go another 8 hours to the top part of Idaho but since I am in Idaho I figured I could cross it off my list )

I will note this however, Californian's and I say this being one who is born and raised...pure bred if you will, are PIGS....the freeways in comparison to the other states are horribly filthy....makes me sick to think we actually adopted a system...to keep the freeways cleaned up and we call this clean???

UTAH....This state NEEDS Starbucks! I looked and looked and looked and outside of Salt Lake City I didn't not find one....very much a disapointment to one who is needing coffee as a life line this trip. IV drip of caffene would be the next best thing to cups of coffee :)

I will say this for Utah though....they are soooo friendly...gone is the day of full service station gas stations. But in Utah the men come out and help you without an additional charge. So friendly and willing to help you.





Outskirts of Idaho just leaving Snowville and entering into Idaho

2 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately for you, I don't believe the mormons drink alcohol or caffeine. Starbucks won't be setting up shop for weary travellers any time soon. :)

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Peach said...

well I guess Ill need to add that as another reason why I will NEVER become a Mormon ..This girl...MUST have COFFEE! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home