Wednesday, April 25, 2007

#19 Have a reunion


I think orginally I had bigger aspirations for doing this, but in the end I think the same goal was attained.

Last night I had a smaller reunion of all the remaining ladies in the area that use to get together for the small school and moms group I use to oversee. For years I led a life that had people coming and going out of my home and I never really gave much thought to it. My home was God's home so anyone and everyone was always invited. Four and a half years ago my life completely changed when my ex husband walked out on us.

In a way I almost barracaded myself from the world in the beginning. Slowly I was able to have small birthday parties for the kids, and have even had a couple here. Last night was a big deal when 10 women stepped into my home. They felt at home still, but questioned themselves as they let themselves easily into my home as if it were 4 years ago. It felt good, it was a challenge, more then I realized it would be for me ;)

This weekend I may even get to cross yet another off the list..... crosses her fingers :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home