Monday, January 30, 2006

Update And Rain Gutters

An Update and another to Cross off the list.

1. Have Rain gutters/reinstalled
Today January 30, 2006 I am now the proud owner of NEW Rain gutters. OK silly I know to get excited about something like rain gutters, but let me explain. 2 Years ago my house flooded -(the first time....as many of you who know me well will read this was just the first lesson in this area of 3) So why did the house flood downstairs this time. Well first of all RAIN...I have an issue with rain, that I hope to one day have resolved, but for now Rain and I well we dont see eye to eye...anyway, due to a faulty raingutter (cracked and not hung right to begin with) rain came pouring down into the back wall ...water then ran into the downstairs bathroom, and from there well spread through the downstairs. A few thousand dollars later we had it all repaired, with the exception of the rain gutters. Since then my dad has been kind enough to come and do tempoary fixes, but of course since we will probably NOT have much rain this year, this is the year I finally got on the ball and today they were installed!!

San Diego Rain Gutters came and did the work and the cool part is......"We warrantee the finish on this system for the life of your home. Imagine, never having to repaint your rain gutters again." COOL!
It does amaze me tho that labor for such a project....2 hours, 1 man $313.00.....ouch maybe I should go into the rain gutter hanging business, hmm not likely with my fear of hights!

OK and now for an update on the other 90+ items on my list

Read the Chronicles of Narnia to the kids. Well first book done, wow! I loved the last chapter.
The entire book I kept wondering where the Wardrobe comes in for the second story....well for those of you who dont know, I wont give it away but I love how C.S. Lewis brought it about. My favorite quote from that chapter and one I can completely relate to is this ' When things go wrong, you'll find they usually go on getting worse for some time; but when things once start going right they often go on getting better and better"

Trip to Idaho, planned and will be crossed off before Febuary's end, I hope to add another blog to follow along on this trip since I know so many are worried about me making this trip.
I hope to cross off skiing, and snowman also on this trip.
Ive begun looking into IRA's and Mutual Funds, and yes I deposited money into savings this month. I have also so far been keeping up with my checkbook and keeping it balanced for the past 3 weeks...several more to go before I can cross that off, and hopefully then a new habit will have been formed. And today we will be heading out for the Wild Animal Park (first of min four trips I get to make this year)



Im a romantic fool, but these two lions groomin each other at the Park were tooo cute, so I had to take a picture and post it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home