Saturday, September 23, 2006

#33 See a Baseball Game at Petco Park


Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game."

Friday I took the kids to the Padres vs. Pirates game at Petco park. The girls school had acquired a few tickets at a lower rate so we headed out to San Diego during rush hour "FUN" and got to the ball park and had a wonderful time. This was the first time my younger two girls had ever been to a game. I spent the marjority of the time explaining why a man was trying to steal from 1st to 2nd base and the fun of trying to catch him doing it. The game was awesome. The Padres smeered the Pirates, with (and we left at the beginning of the 9th inning so there could have been one more home run) but we watched 2 home runs, 2 triples and one great move after another. Thats my 'professional' take of the game. BUT it was fun, and let me just say this......$35 dollars for 2 orders of nachos, 1 hamburger, 1 fry and 4 drinks......HELLO! OK, but we had fun, and thats what the night was all about.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Good to see that you're keeping up with the project :)

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Im goal driven so it doesn't make it to difficult to keep up with a list, the problem is to not let the list control me :) fortunately life is so full right now I can keep it balanced......kinda sorta :) Ive kept up with your treck to Ironman grats on that I don't have an account with My space so couldn't comment but you were in my prayers! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home