Sunday, August 27, 2006

Music Festival!

This weekend the kids and I attended SummerGrass Bluegrass Festival. Honestly it didn't occur to me that I would have this opportunity to cross off another from my list until while I was sitting there listening to the music today. Seeing the signs posted it made me think back to my childhood and knowing I had nothing really planned for the weekend I decided to talk the kids into going. I wasn't getting very far into my persuasion, so I texted Dennis and pleaded for help and suggestions. He told me to mention the food....I did, they succumed :).

I have this thing for banjos. It drives my children crazy, they think Im a freak, maybe I am. Ever since I was a child Ive been facinated with the way they sound. A few years ago I even picked up one and gave it a shot learning how to play it, but the kids were still so young and needed so much of my attention I didn't have the time it took to keep at it. I wish I would have kept that darn thing.

The food was AMAZING, tri tip bbq sandwiches! YUM! Plus the kettle corn, the ice cream and other junk the kids begged for, this wasn't a cheap venture, but fun for me all the same!

My favorite bands of the day, Blue Highway, loved them and then THE INFAMOUS STRINGDUSTERS. Both were fantastic!

So with attending the festival this does indeed cross off this item from my list :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home