Thursday, May 01, 2008

63. Paint or have the outside of my house painted.

$150.00 (after rebate) for Wagner Sprayer to Paint house
$400.00 Paint
$30.00 on Paint Brushes
$9.99 on masking tape
Finishing something you started almost 20 years ago....priceless!

Honestly he was right, painting this thing was nothing compared to the work in getting it ready to paint. Those paint sprayers had the paint up and on it so much quicker then when I tried to paint (with a brush) this place over 15 years ago! Honestly I don't think pictures really do the place justice. I live in a home now, not a dump, not an abandoned project, reflection of what took place to us 6 years ago.

Dennis flew out Friday night, Saturday after getting the paint that we picked out together, taking the jeep in to have the rear end worked on (we need it for the honeymoon!) we started to paint.
It couldn't have been any hotter of a weekend to paint (90 degrees in April!). But I suppose its better that then rain. Of course the heat didn't bother Dennis at all, but it got the better of me. The kids all had a blast, he shot each of them with the paint and that got a huge surprised look out of them. It was 'fun' if you can have fun with such a project, but it felt like family. What more could you ask for?

Its almost completed. I have a few areas to do a second coat on the trim, and a few spots where the stairs in the back are need touching up....but for the most part this chapter of my life I can finally close :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home